Saturday, May 14, 2011

College Times

"Always remember to slow down in life; live, breathe, and learn; take a look around you whenever you have time and never forget everything and every person that has the least place within your heart." --Anonymous


Time is so precious.  I remember my freshman year microeconomics professor, Geraci, explaining the concept of time going by faster as we get older.  Imagine that you are 10 years old.  One year seems to pass by so slowly because that is 1/10th of your life.  When you are 60 years old, though, one year is 1/60th of your life.  I'm only 22, but I feel the years starting to fly by as I pass more milestones throughout my life.

I just took the last exam of my college career this morning.  I can't believe it.  I'm officially done with school.  The nostalgia is finally starting to hit me.  Many of my best memories were made here.  In many ways, it feels like a last kiss.  I'm not ready to say goodbye, but I know that time will not slow down.  All I can do is smile wistfully upon the past and live as though the greatest years of my life are ahead of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment