Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Mies Container

Hooters has been known for their wings, even though I was never a fan of them.  So what's on the trend radar nowadays?  Apparently, a hip restaurant in Seoul, South Korea with handsome waiters is.  Oh my.

CNNGo covered this trendy restaurant, called Mies Container, in an interesting article entitled "Mies Container restaurant:  A tasty, trendy Hooters for women."  Read it.


The following youtube clip shows a more detailed look at the inside of the restaurant.  It's a bit long, but if you skim through the video, you get an idea of the atmosphere.  The big barrels and metal bowls are a bit too industrial for my tastes, even as my daydreams go wild over potentially meeting a waiter who sweeps me off my feet and coincidentally looks like Hyun Bin. Perhaps some of the magic is lost through the grainy internet stream.  But realistically, how romantic does a garage setting usually turn out to be?


I must admit, the concept is intriguing.  What girl doesn't wish to meet a cute, friendly guy?  And now there are dozens of them waiting in one place at Mies Container!  The likelihood of actually finding a date at this place is unrealistic, but it's fun to window shop.  I finally understand why guys like the wings at Hooters.

---
I couldn't resist posting a picture of Hyun Bin...now he would make a great Christmas present!

No comments:

Post a Comment