Saturday, November 26, 2011

Hello, Holidays!

Justin Bieber's "Mistletoe" music video:


Although I would not want to be under the mistletoe with Justin Bieber - despite all his baby boy swagger and  coolness, he's way too young for me - I like listening to this song because it puts me in the holiday mood.  And with another Thanksgiving gone by, the holiday season is officially here!

As I was driving home from dinner tonight, I started thinking that it would be nice to be with somebody right now...namely a tall, dark, and handsome somebody since I might as well make the most of this wish.  Is it just me, or do the holidays bring about a longing for companionship to other singletons as well?  Why is this?

My hypothesis is that one, it is cold, so it would be nice to have another person to snuggle up with and stay warm.   It's probably an evolutionary trait.  In March of the Penguins, the penguins huddle together when it gets cold, as well:


Two, people finally have time to slow down from their busy lives and travel home to be with family.  This could go two ways. Either you enjoy the time with family so much, you want to keep adding to it.  Or you've spent a little too much time with your family, and you'd like an extra person there to entertain you and help you eat some of the leftover turkey and ham.

Three, this is the season of giving and sharing.  The holidays are usually a special time, and it would be nice to have someone to share these special moments and memories with.

Best of luck to all the singles out there who are looking for some holiday love!  I hope everyone finds a shawty (or a Bieber) to kiss under the mistletoe this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment