Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Music Memories

Sometimes when a song comes on, all you need to hear are just the first 3 seconds, and it brings you back to the old days when life was more carefree and sunny days reminded you of summer.  Here are some songs that brought back memories for me:
  1. Elementary School - Shania Twain's "Woman In Me" & Spice Girls's "Spice" Albums
  2. Middle School - Savage Garden's "Truly, Madly, Deeply"
  3. High School - Michelle Branch's "All You Wanted" and Sixpence None the Richer's "Kiss Me"
  4. Early College - The Postal Service and Regina Spektor because that's what my roommate played a lot during freshman year.  Also anything by The Fray...I really like their music.  A lot of times, I don't understand what they say because their words slur together... so I usually have to go look up the lyrics.  But their instrumentals are good, and the music often strikes a sad, but beautiful chord with me.
  5. Later College - A lot of randomness lol.  It might be too close to the present to really know which songs are more distinct in my memory, but some of them off of the top of my head include Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" because of Glee, Iyaz's "Replay", Cali Swag District's "Teach Me How to Dougie", Katy Perry's "Firework" and many more...
Currently, I've been driving to and from work, and I hear Adele's "Someone Like You" on the radio everyday.  I happen to like this song a lot, so I don't flip the channel when I hear it.  Adele's voice is so strong and filled with emotion.  Now, if only she'd get over this bronchitis soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment