Friday, September 23, 2011

Bingo

60 is the new 20...or maybe 20 is the new 60?  Recently, I've been going to play Bingo in the Heights, formally known as Lodge #88, which is a reception hall that turns into a Bingo hotspot every Thursday night.  Even though the main game doesn't start until 7:45 PM, people start claiming their tables before 6:00 PM.  A lot of people in their 20's frequent the place, but there are also families and older crowds that come, too.

Some things that make Bingo in the Heights so great:

  • Random quirky comments from the crowd.  Corner!  O-69!  Bird Legs (B11).  I18 - That's what she said....
  • Staff who work the hall.  Most people here look like they're retired and come here because they enjoy it.  They are pretty funny, too.  Last time I went, the crowd was being loud, and the bingo caller told us, "I teach 3rd grade, and you all are just as bad as them.  The difference is I can't put you in timeout."
  • $5 for a whole night of fun.  I probably spend 3-4 hours there hanging out with friends.  Actual play time is about 2 hours with breaks in between each game.  And for just $5, you play 10 games that have different prize amounts ranging from $100 to $600.  My friend P actually won $300 tonight!  It got intense, and my heart even raced for my friend, when we saw he only had one number left.  Gambler's rush lol.
It's rare to find good old clean fun nowadays.  I'm sure there will be many more Thursday nights spent here.  


No comments:

Post a Comment