Sunday, February 7, 2010

Beginning Again

Exactly one year ago from today, my first boyfriend broke up with me. It's been such a long year, but one that has helped me grow and discover so much about myself and about life.

Most blogs are written for a reason: to voice an opinion, to share stories with the world, to serve as a place of memories to look back on. The first entry of most blogs usually tells why the writer started writing in the first place. So, in keeping with tradition, the reason why I am writing this blog is a mixture of things...to record my journey over this past year and beyond, to serve as another viewpoint to others going through rough times in their relationships, and to let my feelings out...The focus of my blog may change over time, but it all started because of this love that I can't let go of, but that I have to learn to live with by myself.

So, after one year of heartache and growth, where am I now? I can get through the days without crying, even if I think back on the relationship. I can act independently and more wisely. I can also laugh and enjoy the people around me without regrets. But through it all, I know that he will always be in my heart. He messaged me today, and I admit, my heart still beats fast when I see his name pop up. I have so many things that I wish I could tell him, I wish I could talk to him like I used to, but I can't. Even though the feelings are still there, time has helped me not act so impulsively. Is this for the better? Living life rationally rather than with blind passion? It probably is in the long-run, but the hardest part is making my heart believe that.

No comments:

Post a Comment