Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Resolutions

Less than 70 hours away from a new year...and I have a feeling it will be a great one.  As I look back on how things turned out over the past few years, I classify those periods as the following:  2009 was a year of hurt, 2010 was a year of healing, and 2011 will be a year of living...living, loving, and appreciating life more than ever before.

For 2011, I've started thinking of some resolutions.  I may keep all of them, or none of them, or I may just pretend to keep a few of them.  Whatever happens, here they are:
  1. Exercise more:  Youth is amazing.  Your metabolism works like a little hamster running in its wheel.  We all know it will catch up to us one day, though, and I want to be prepared for that day.  My goal is to run 3 miles with out stopping.  I would also like to tone up my arms, abs, and glutes.  Better health in general is a good selling point, too.
  2. Pass the CPA exam:  It's a beast.  You can do it.  First time around!
  3. Capture the memories:  I can spend hours looking at old photographs.  They are priceless, and I want to take more pictures to remember these days.  Maybe I will try to also write more entries here and fill them with photos.  It would probably make this blog more interesting...
  4. Cook more:  Learn new dishes, and make them with style.  Taste remains the most important factor, but serving beautiful dishes is an art.
  5. Get a boyfriend:  I know, I know.  This sounds terrible, like a I'm a desperate, naive, hopeless, pitiful, little girl.  Whether this is true or not, I wrote this down because I want to be more open to dating.  I've guarded myself for a long time.  Granted, I know it was the right thing to do because I wasn't ready to date again.  I'm ready now, though.  I am a bit picky when it comes to guys, but I believe I will find someone who is worth waiting for.
The resolutions listed above aren't very detailed.  Although I have less tangible short-term goals to grasp onto, I think these will keep me more motivated because I can see the bigger picture.  I may refine them later and/or add to this list.  This is a start, though, and I can't wait for the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment